Zero Waste Tips
- Our Grocery Storage Guide tells you how to store all of your favorite foods.
- The Save the Food Guestimator can help you plan how much to cook for a group.
- Food storage products that help reduce waste.
- How to clean out your fridge like a pro.
- How to use your coffee grounds.
- Here are 4 ways to reuse your Imperfect box.
- Learn 5 ways to waste less protein.
- How to shop smarter and make your groceries last.
- Artichokes: Here are 3 tips for cooking with artichokes.
- Beets: Here’s everything you need to know about cooking with beets.
- Bok Choy: How to fall in love with bok choy!
- Brussels sprouts: Learn our top 5 tips for roasting Brussels sprouts.
- Citrus: Learn about the main types of citrus in our citrus 101.
- Chili peppers: Read our pepper 101, learn how to pick the right hot pepper for you, and see why we love habanero peppers so much.
- Cooking oil: Learn which cooking oils to use when with our handy guide.
- Grains: See how to cook with farro, quinoa, lentils, and more!
- Eggplant: Learn our 4 tips for making eggplant delicious.
- Herbs: Check out our guide to herbs and learn when to use fresh or dried herbs
- Kale: Learn how to love kale again.
- Leafy Greens: Understand 4 common leafy greens and what to do with them.
- Lentils: See 5 tips for cooking with lentils .
- Nuts: Read our advice for how to cook with nuts.
- Persimmons: Learn the difference between Hachiya and Fuyu persimmons.
- Pomegranates: How to cook with pomegranates.
- Pumpkins: Here’s everything you wanted to know about cooking with pumpkins.
- Root vegetables: Get your common questions about root veggies answered by chef Abra Berens.
- Spices: Get some tips about using our favorite spices, discover our top fall spices, or learn about spice pairing,
- Squash: Check out our squash cheat sheet to learn about the most common types and when to use them.
- Root to leaf cooking tips.
- Transform your citrus peels into a non-toxic cleaner.
- Turn corn cobs into stock.
- Re-use your coffee grounds.
- Ideas for leftover condiments.
Gadgets & Gear
- We share 10 tools every cook should have around, explore how to care for your knives and how to shop for a chef’s knife.
- 8 tips for grilling.
- How to pickle everything in your kitchen.
- How to turn leftovers into stock.
- How to ferment vegetables.
- How to build a better pantry.
- 5 baking ingredients you should always have around.
- 5 tips for better baked goods.
Gardening & Composting
- Learn which vegetables you can actually re-grow from their scraps from Kevin Espiritu of Epic Gardening.
- Check out our composting 101 to learn how to get started where you live.
- Can’t compost where you live or don’t want to? Find a composting pickup service near you.